Leh Ladakh has definitely been on everyone’s vacation list over the last few years. It’s not a surprise, given the enchanting beauty of this place. Leh Ladakh Tourism has never seen better days and it’s only going to get better here on. Every tour operator in Bangalore offers Leh tourism packages from Bangalore nowadays. While Kashmir makes for a very romantic and serene vacation, Leh Ladakh makes for an adventurous and beautiful destinationfriends, family, or your partner.
While some say summer is the best time to visit Leh, others argue winters to be the best. This is one of the strange cases, where both the parties are right. One can visit Leh Ladakh during summer or winter as they both have something different to offer.
Visiting Leh Ladakh throughout the year
Here is what you can expect when you visit Leh Ladakh during different months of the year.
- January to March- January is the time when Ladakh is covered with snowy mountains and chilling cold weather. Expect constant snowfall in January and the temperature to go down to -15 C. But this is also the best time for those who want to do the Chadar Trek where they will be passing the frozen Zanskar river. Flights and Passes are usually closed in February and getting to Leh Ladakh might be quite tough. March sees the entry of some warm days and local festivals.
- April to May- April is when the tourists slowly start pouring into the place. The weather is quite warm with cold nights. The melting of lake Pangong Tso and Tso Moriri starts in April and makes for a spectacular view. This is the best time to visit monasteries.
- June to July- If you are planning for a bike trip to Ladakh, this is when you can start. The changing weather and snowy mountains create a picturesque view you won’t forget. There are a lot of local festivals held between the month of June and July for those who want to indulge in the local culture.
- August to September- The sun will be shining high during July and September and is one of the best seasons to visit Ladakh. You can expect to witness a lot of festivals in Ladakh during this time. It is also the best time to visit lake Pangong Tso and Tso Moriri as the ice would’ve fully melted.
- October to December- October in Ladakh means one simple thing- breathtaking views! This is also the time when snowfall begins and continues for the next few months. It is the perfect time to be at Ladakh if you want to experience the romance of the place without having to suffer the chilling cold. Temperature starts dropping over the next two months and all roads and passes will be closed. For those of you who do not want to be surrounded by too many tourists, this is the time to visit Ladakh.